TST Engineering Group specializes in the location of underground utilities, public or private, above ground or underground. This service allows asset owners to enhance the knowledge they have of their own networks.
Why provide this service?
The experience gained from processing more than 5 million square meters of maps in large areas of territory has highlighted an important fact: asset owners of underground utilities do not have a reliable knowledge about the location of their networks due to the continuous inclusion of new services in the subsoil and the difficult process of updating existing maps.
It is common practice that local utility owners find difficulty in updating existing historical underground maps: shared chambers between different owners and the number of ducts and their real diameters are just a couple of problems encountered during the projects. In effect, the plans collected from network owners do not always depict the correct location of the buried utilities.
To help companies manage and update their assets and data information, TST Engineering Group provides the following services:
- Identification of individual network elements (pipes, manholes, valves, chambers, etc.);
- Topographic survey of surface elements;
- Identification of horizontal and vertical alignment of services through non-destructive surveys;
- Identification of materials, sizes and general characteristics of the network;
- Video inspections to identify any leak or crack along the pipeline;
- Identification of available or occupied space in laid ducts;
- Video inspection of chambers and manholes and profiling of all their physical characteristics.
In relation to specific needs, data provided to the client can be handled in several formats, from a simple 2D CAD plan up to the advanced creation of Geographical Information System (GIS) maps.